1. New and old students can register at the university according to the adopted procedures and within the specified period. Students who don't adhere to these procedures are considered intermittent or cut off from the university.
2. New students are admitted on merit Basis in accordance with their scores in the General Secondary School Examination and the admission scores assigned to each program by the Syrian Ministry of Higher Education.
3. Registration at SPU, requires the following documents:
· Four copies of Syrian secondary school certificate.
· One copy of identity card or passport.
· Six new colored personal photos size (3x4).
· University application form provided by Admission and Registration Department
· A written pledge signed by the students to respect the university's Policies and regulations.
The Study System
The system of study is based on credit hours, where one credit hour is equivalent to a theoretical lecture for one hour duration, or a practical session of two hours; repeated on weekly basis along the semester. The Academic year consists of three semesters as follows:
· First Semester or Autumn semester : 16 weeks "obligatory"
· Second Semester or Spring Semester: 16 weeks " obligatory"
· Third Semester or Summer Semester: 8 weeks "optional
Number of Years to Stay Studying
The period that students spend at the university to gain BA Degree shall not exceed the following:
· Nine years at the Faculty of Medicine ( the Study years of this faculty are 6 (
· Eight years at the Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, and Engineering faculties (the Study years of these faculties are 5)
· Seven years at other faculties (the Study years of these faculties are 4)